Thursday, October 27, 2011

Website...

...so as some of you know, I've been real busy helping Alexa get her career off the ground. It's been a HUGE project and I have put everything I have into this with her. She's like one of my own so I would do anything to see her succeed. There are lots of things involved with getting a CD off the ground - who knew?

You might surprised but it's many hours in the studio, many hours of listening and fine tuning things, a website needs to be perfect, the CD Packaging needs to be perfect, the cover photo needs to mesh with the vibe of the CD, the rights to the songs needs to applied for, the CD Release needs to be planned, the CD's need to be ordered, the band needs to get organized...then is radio promotion, Gigs to promote the album, a trip to Nashville in the New Year....the list goes on.

It's a lot of work so anytime you can get some help from a pro in each of those areas, it's a huge weight lifted from your shoulders. When we started talking about the website - the stress began. How do we do this? Who do we call? Do we have to code out a site? How do you buy a domain name? What the hell is a domain name? LOL...as you can see we were pretty novice at this.

I called Register.com...afterall it's down the road from my office and I know tons of people there...good starting point. I have to say, Register.com is the most organized, helpful, amazing organization i've ever had to deal with. You do get moved on from person to person but each person knows exactly what part of the process you are at and the flow continues like clockwork. It's not like when you call a company and they pass you on and you have to start all over again. You get moved to the next person when you're done with the first. I never repeated myself once. By talking to them in a series of phone calls they set up a proof. Then you review and keep doing that till it's done. After every call you get an email notifying you of what part of the process you are at and what's to be expected the next time. It's the easiest thing ever. I know absolutely nothing about websites and I ended up creating this:
www.musicbyalexa.com

Check it out! I'm real proud of the way it turned out! They helped with write-ups, layout, font, picture placing, all the different tab ideas...EVERYTHING! You have to pay a monthly user fee and it's so worth it cause when you need something changed or added you can just fire off an email and within 3 days it's done! Easy, Easy, EAAAAASY!

Register.com: You guys really do amazing work! Thanks :)

No comments: