Monday, October 3, 2011

Taxi...

...so there's an unemployment problem in Yarmouth - that's a fact. Do you know what another fact is? There are next to no cabs in Yarmouth. Saturday night, Hubby and I went out with some friends are were gonna do the right thing and cab home. We waited an hour and a half and still no cab. I called over 8 numbers, reached two drivers and one said "i'll be right there" 3 times (cause I kept calling as time went on) and the other said "it'll be 20 minutes" after I said I was going to Plymouth. In the end, one of my friends had to drive some of us home, leaving hubby and Colgate Smile behind to roam the streets in search of a cab....then had to turn around and go get them as they STILL couldn't get a cab! I got home at 2:30 AM and Hubby was after 3:30!!! Not acceptable...NOT ACCEPTABLE!! Why doesn't the folks who are looking for work drive a cab? Are the rules too strict? What's the deal? It's no wonder people drink and drive...other than that you may have to stay on the street! I was so mad. I'm very thankful for my lovely friend who really didn't have to go out of her way to make sure we got home. Two of us had kids with sitters so we HAD to get home and she was very sympathetic to that and it's much appreciated. I was in panic mode by 2 AM...sooooo frustrating.

Nova Scotia Music Week will be in Yarmouth in early November. They better get some more cabs or there will be a lot of people walking the streets....or drunk at the wheel.

"Taxi Cab, Taxi cab at the light....won't you take me on a ride?" - Bruce Springsteen

No comments: