Thursday, January 6, 2011

Hotels...

...so I never just call a hotel and make a reservation anymore. There are faaaaaar cheaper ways to go about it nowadays.

One of them is www.priceline.com. You can bid for your hotel room and if your bid is accepted, they'll let you know the name of the hotel. If you stick to 3.5 or 4 star you'll be fine. I've booked through them for Halifax and got the Westin, Delta Halifax and Marriot....all for under $100. You place your bid then they add taxes and fees and let you know what it works out to. As an example, you bid $55...it works out to about $70 AMERICAN. The adjustment to Canadian funds will happen on your credit card so when the dollar is near par the difference is very little. There are limitations to how many times you can try within a 24 hour time frame....let me know if you need help and I can help guide you. It works, so don't be afraid to try.

Another site is www.hotwire.com. There you pick what price you want to pay and once booked they'll let you know the hotel name. I've never tried this one but I know people who have and say it works great.

The last option I try is http://pacrimfriendsandfamily.com/. There aren't always rooms available but I am going to Halifax this weekend and used this site. I booked the Radisson for $99 plus tax so it works out to about $116....not too shabby considering the regular rate is over $140/night! You can actually cancel this one if you decided not to go where the other sites don't allow you to cancel...once you book you pay immediately and get no refunds.

"I'm at the hotel, motel, holday innnnn..." - Chingy

No comments: