Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Customer Service...

...so sometimes I wonder where people learn their Customer Service Skills.
Today I went to get my mail at the Pharmasave in Yarmouth. There are 3 ladies there....two of which are always nice, smiling and willing to help. The third....not so much. She always has a pout, never acknowledges you're even there, sounds annoyed when she has to get your parcel, does not gently place anything down and basically is the worst customer service person ever! She beats the grumpy one at Timmies I wrote about a few times so it must be bad.

Today, I get there and she's at the cash. She never looked at me or even acknowledged I was there. I stood there for 3 minutes...not a word from her. She then walks away and sits at another counter while one of the other ladies rushes over to ask if I need help. The nice lady gets my parcels and is very polite. I then open up one of my parcels as there were some Express Post Envelopes I was sent from my Region Office. I was sending something back to them, but forgot to bring one of those sticky tags you need to affix on the back so I asked for one. *Keep in mind the tags are free...it's the envelopes itself that cost money so the Post Office can give you as many tags are you need or want.* She couldn't find any so she asked the grump who made a mean face and asked why I didn't have any sent to me with my envelopes. Well...who cares why...give me a damn FREE tag thing and nevermind.....but nooooo...so I repond that we get them pre-printed at the office, but I forgot to bring one. She then makes the biggest sigh ever and reaches over on a shelf to get me one. She then tosses the sheets on top of my parcel as she walks by and I have to scramble to catch them before they go flying on the floor. She then goes to sit down and just gives me an annoyed face...then she opens up the newspaper and starts reading. OK LADY...you could be a little nicer....and if you want to read the paper, take a break out back and get out from behind the counter...otherwise, smile, shut up and do as we ask like it's your favorite thing to do in the day!! I don't know who peed in her corn flakes this morning...or every morning for that matter...but it's about time she gets some attitude courses. I realize sometimes going to work isn't fun but making my day crappy isn't what I signed up for either...so suck it up.

Next time i'll make a comment like "i'm so sorry i'm bothering you...is there someone else I can speak to?" or something along those lines so she gets the hint and maybe she'll retire.

Geesh...some people's kids!

"oooooo you make me smile" - Uncle Kracker

No comments: