Monday, April 12, 2010

Backing up...

...so Friday my mother in law (MIL) came over to babysit for the morning. I was going through my regular routine, got in the car, slapped it in reverse, backed up and cut the wheel to turn and get facing down the driveway.....BANG! I forgot my MIL's car was parked there and I now just backed up into it. Now, I wasn't going fast so really it shouldn't do a lot of damage....except....she drives a Cadillac! Nice....not a Prius or a Focus...a Cadillac. The cars nowadays are made nearly in one piece so you ruin one and basically need to the fix the whole damn car. A scrape and a crack lead to a whole paint job....needless to say the Insurance Lady was called.

I call the Insurance Lady and I explain what happened. She asked me "did you not see the vehicle or were you not paying attention?" Well I didn't want her to know I was a dummy so I told her I simply didn't see cause I drive an SUV and she wasn't parked in her normal spot so her car must have been in my blind spot - hence the accident. She asked if I knew the person I hit. I explained it was my MIL. ....SILENCE......so then I repeat, "It was my MIL"....she then giggles and says "well aren't you lucky!" hehehehe I started to laugh! My MIL wasn't upset about it at all, but I guess out of all the people you could hit, your MIL is probably not the best. Luckily for me she was real good about it. She could have really been mad at me considering the only reason she was over was to watch my two kids and do me a favor. I have now paid her back with a dented, cracked, scraped front of her car. You should also know that she just got that car fixed cause she hit a deer before Xmas.

Today I went to the Collision Center to take pics of my vehicle and the guy was chuckling...."so you're the one who backed up into your MIL's car?" hehehe...the shame....I answered "yes, yes I am."

"Back, Back, forth and forth..." - Aaliyah

No comments: