Friday, March 6, 2009

Economy...

...so i've tried to avoid talking about it, but I guess I can't now. In financial terms, things haven't been that great over the last 6 months. The markets have taken sharp nose dives and part of the reason is due to many failing industries. You see it everyday on the news...job cuts, high unemployment rates, stores closing, bailouts....it seems to be never ending. One thing that is clear, people are drinking their sorrows away! Yup, yesterday in the paper is was reported that the liquor stores are seeing an increase in profits. Don't ya find that interesting? I know I do...but really it shouldn't be a suprise. Back in the depression days, weren't the rum runners one of the few careers that made money? Seems to me I remember something about that from history class. So, I guess next time you poor yourself a drink, know that basically all your neighbours are doing the same...you're not alone...

Timmies Update
Timmies: 11
Ldot: 1

"Could of been the whiskey...might of been the gin..." - the Rovers and many other artists

No comments: