Thursday, February 12, 2009

Vacation...

...so i've been away on vacation, hence the no posting. We took a family trip to Disney in Florida and had a blast. I just loved Disney and would go right back in a heartbeat. The weather cooperated too so that was good. Somedays it was a little cool, but we were in t-shirts by afternooon so I really can't complain. Apparently the locals were complaining though as it was cold for them. We went to Magic Kingdom one day and everyone was in t-shirts and shorts...basically sweating to death and here's this couple in winter jackets, touques, mittens and scarfs....oh and who can forget the winter boots! It was unreal. It was probably 20 something degrees celcius and they were dressed for the arctic. I hope they never come visit here in the winter...boy wouldn't that be a shock to the system!!

Saw another guy walking around with his arm around what was likely his wife/girlfriend. He was probably nearing 90 and she looked about my age....can someone say Sugar Daddy??!! It was hilarious! I wanted to take a picture, but I didn't get my camera out on time. They were more lovey-dovey then Hubby and I have been in years....well at least they're happy, I guess.

My poor son, though. On the plane he was strapped in his carseat and drank loads and loads of water and juice in order to get his ears to pop. This meant loads and loads of diaper changes! He went through so many pants on those flights that by the time we got off he was only in a diaper. THe other thing is the airplane bathroom...not the most roomy place in the world. I took the little one in to change him and the little itty bitty change table says 25 lbs max...hum...that's a problem as he's 35 lbs. I changed him there that one time, but after that he flashed the whole plane a million times as I just stood him up on his seat and changed him there. I wasn't about to ruin the bathroom change thing and really, it was only a pull up, so it was easy to do in his seat. I'm sure the people around us thought we were crazy cause here's this kid, standing on his car seat, yelling to the plane..."I Pee momma...I pee...I wet" He yelled I pooped a few times, but luckily it was a false alarm!

One thing I've been talking about since I got back was the price of chicken...Un-freakin-real! It was 50 cents/lbs....Crazy, eh?!! I know! I bought 10 quarter chickens for $6.07 US....it would cost like $30 here. I'm not right sure how the price can be so different from there to here...it's not that it's far away...and i'm assuming it's the same chickens....weird isn't it. The gas too. They think it's ridiculously expensive. It's exactly half the price as here. Very odd.

"M I C K E Y M O U S E...Mickey Mouse, da dada...Mickey Mouse..." - The Mickey Mouse Song

No comments: