Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Now for a lighter topic...

...so during my Pre Natal appointment I had to have a Pap Test done. Here's the thing...what is the proper Pap Test Etiquette?

Do you leave your socks on or off? I left mine on as my feet are always cold. I then scooted down and the doc sat on his stool and got stuff ready. I find myself opening my legs, then when he turns his head I close my legs....this goes on and on till it's done so basically I'm doing the air thigh master the entire Pap Test. Am I supposed to stay there with my legs open the whole time? And another questions...legs all the way apart or only some of the way apart...what's right? Do you talk to the doc while he/she is doing the test? Having it quiet is uncomfortable, but having a conversation with someone who is talking to your whooo hooo is a little odd too. They give you a blanket to put over yourself if you want...do you use it? Really what is the point....the area that is the most private is right there in the open with a spotlight on it so what makes the difference if my gut is too...she/he can't see that...so do they prefer you do? I don't know!! It's nerve wrecking! Oprah has shows on all kinds of topics so I vote she has one on Pap Tests. I hope I'm not the only one who wonders....am I a weirdo that worries too much over ridiculous things...please tell me I'm not alone.

"These are just a few questions I have..." - Clay Walker

No comments: