Monday, June 20, 2011

Hello!!...

...so it's been a while, eh? I guess my life is getting busier and busier all the time so finding time for myself has been real difficult these days. I'm back though...not disapearing...no worries!

Saturday night we were a gang celebrating Nursemaid's 30th Birthday. We discussed many topics and the one that got me all heated was facebook. There should be facebook etiquette. I've said it before and i'll say it again...think before you type people!!! I'm probably guilty too but some people are OVERBOARD!!!! One thing that has been a tad annoying to me these days is the discussion surrounding the weather. Ok...we get it...I have eyes...it's raining all the time. I didnt really need to read 57 status messages advising me that it's been raining and that you hate rain...and that you got wet in the rain...and that your clothes won't dry cause it's raining...and that your kids are annoyed with the rain.....NEWSFLASH PEOPLE: WE ALL FEEL THE SAME WAY SO STOP REMINDING US WE'RE MISERABLE IN THE RAIN!! Let's not write about the obvious anymore.

The other thing is the need to tell your spouse that you love them on their wall. Ok, seriously? Can't you turn to your left/right and say that to them to their face? I'm here to tell ya that just cause you broadcast your love on facebook doesn't mean you love or are loved more than anyone else. Here's a little lesson on love: true love does not need to be spoken...it is simply felt. It's ok to wish a happy birthday to your spouse (although a card and a kiss would probably work best) and on mothers/fathers day it would be ok to say something nice. OTherwise, save it for home...bedroom....car...anywhere. The only exception would be if your spouse is away for long periods of time. That is ok. Saying something like "I can't wait to see you at supper" to someone who lives with you is a tad ridiculous...in my opinion.

Next is complaining about your job. Alrighty, if I had an employee that constantly complained about going to work or being at work I would fire them. Also, I love teachers. Most of my family and friends are teachers and I WOULDN'T WANT THEIR JOB. Having said that, there are duties that go along with teaching that i'm sure aren't fun. Hearing about all the work you have to do and how stressful it is one week before you have a two month break in the sun is slightly annoying. Having a countdown to summer is ok....but not ok if the countdown started over 40 days ago. As a parent, I don't want to hear that my childs teacher hates teaching. Luckily for me, my oldest childs teacher is great and never complains. I see others aren't so lucky. A little note to teachers....in early August I don't want to hear how depressed you are that summer is coming to an end and that school is starting up again. We are all bummed summer will be winding down...30 days before it actually does end is a tad early to start complaining that your time off will end. Enjoy life...enjoy the last 4 WEEKS OF VACATION. Enjoy! Everyone has a right to be happy to have a vacation and i'm not saying that teachers should not be glad...you should be ecstatic! I just think people go overboard. I know some of my awesome teacher friends feel the same way so i'm just stating the obvious. Same rules apply to other professions. Everyone has a "busy season" and it's nice when it's over. Just can the complaining for weeks and weeks. Fishing is many people's source of income. I'm glad that fishing starts up and do not feel bad when hubby needs to go fishing. It's his job...they don't go work everyday...and it's only for 6 months. No use complaining that he's busy fishing during December. If we want to eat in January then he'd better go fishing....but that's just me. If hubby fished for a month at a time and didn't come home I would totally be bummed. I don't blame the wives for being lonely. I can handle status' about missing their spouses then...not everyday, mind you...but sometimes is fine.

Those are my thoughts for today. Like I said before, we are all guily at times...it's ok...and really, what do I know? lol!

"everybody's workin' for the weekend!"

No comments: