Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Speeder...

...so somebody is $2400 poorer this weekend! A young man from Ydot was caught speeding on the Brooklyn Road and was given the biggest fine ever given for speeding. He was going 115 km/h in a 60 km/h zone. (http://thechronicleherald.ca/NovaScotia/1206702.html)

I will just note, that this is exactly the same location I was caught speeding a while back. I wasn't going that fast, but I was still speeding. It's an area where there is an overpass so when you're driving along, you feel like you should be driving faster than the rural speeds.....it kinda feels like you're on the highway. I'm not excusing this man for going that fast cause let's face it, it was rather overboard but I can see how someone would drive faster than 60 km/h. My fine was nearly $300 and I was complaining...can't imagine $2400, losing your licence for a while and having it plastered all over the news. I doubt this guy will speed again! Just glad no one was hurt.

"He got a fast car..." - Tracy Chapman

No comments: