Thursday, August 5, 2010

and it's over...

...so the Wedding Week is over :( We had a great time and got to meet loads of nice people. The groom's family knows how to party and did a good job keeping up with my family!

The Wedding Rehearsal was interesting. First of all, the priest walked in and came over to me and told me I was singing too loud...surprise surprise! I told him that it wouldn't be loud on the wedding day and i'd make sure of it...all the while crossing my toes and fingers cause really I was gonna do what I wanted to do. I know that may sound rude but I have a funny feeling the flutter of Hummingbird wings would be too loud for him so really i'll use my own judgement. After that the rehearsal got underway and not 5 minutes into I notice my oldest son start gagging. Well the bride has a vomit phobia so it didn't take me long ro run over, grab him and carrying him to the bathroom just on time....buh bye supper. It was pitiful, but my mom took him home and he went right to bed. I think it was a combo of too much running, coughing and being overtired. He was fine the next day. During the practice of the vows the priest needed two alter servers so he chose the groom's cousins who were in the wedding party. I wish I had a pic of them trying to keep it together while the priest was doing his thing. These two guys are funny and have a hard time acting serious on a good day let alone try to hold things for the priest and mean it. Even the priest was laughing cause it was a scene right out of a movie....picure Jack Black and Will Ferrel as alter servers....same thing hehehehe:)

After that we headed to Rudder's for the supper and then for a little after party and the Bride and Groom's house. This is where I experienced the "Fruit Salad". Apparently the Groom and the Groomsmen made this salad 2 days prior using nothing but vodka for the juice. It was definitely tasty, especially the watermellon piece....yikes!

The following day we headed to Quinan for some camp life. It was a fantastic day! The alter servers were dressed in matching bathing suits and did quite a few belly flops and funny looking dives for our entertainment. Most of us ladies got some good tans for the wedding so it was nice to just chill out before all the festivities began.

The Wedding day was the best day of all. The Bride had rented a little bus for the entire wedding party to travel in and it was a wonderful idea. We had lots of champagne to go around and found ourselves standing and dancing more than sitting. We took hundreds of pics and I can't wait to see them all. I'll post a few when we get them back cause the photographer was amazing. We closed out the party at 2 am and it was definitely the best party of the summer!

"You are the love of my life..." - Jim Brickman

No comments: