Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Rambling...

...so first of all, I GOT TICKETS FOR HEART!!! YAY!!!!!!! I'm beyond thrilled....in case that wasn't already evident :P

I volunteered during Nova Scotia Music Week and it was amazing. Loads of fantastic performances. Check out "Turn Time Off" - David Myles. It's an excellent song and has some great lyrics. Christina Martin, Jenn Grant, Steve MacDougall (from the Band Slowcoaster), Andrew Hunter & The Gatherers (Feel Good Song is their hit and I think I wrote about it last year...still one of my favs!), Alert the Medic, In-Flight Safety, Carmen Townsend, Carleton Stone Drives the Big Wheel, The Stanfields...all amazing artists! I can't say enough about the talent that was in Ydot this weekend.

I can't write to you without talking about the flooding. It's totally crazy! I have family members that have been evacuated from their homes and I'm sure some of you have similar stories. What's sad is that it's not over yet...let's hope it all ends sooner rather than later and that no one gets hurt. I don't think many folks outside of our area know what's going on down here. I noticed on the Chronicle Herald online this morning there was a very small article regarding whats been going on down here and a small pic of a tree surrounded by water. Now I checked and they have a huge article with many pictures of a bridge in Halifax that it closed in case it collapses. Take a look at YARMOUTH....people have no homes....people can't reach their homes due to the roads being washed out...animals are in danger....the power plant in Tusket is at risk which would knock out power to thousands of people....it's a STATE OF EMERGENCY and the Premier can't come assess the damage till Wednesday due to rainy weather. I'm not kidding...that's what he said. Kinda reminds me of President Bush flying over the destruction in New Orleans after Katrina and continuing on to Washington without even stopping to help. Maybe I'm being a little too critical, but I just feel like if this type of flooding was happening in Halifax, he'd be right there and all the news outlets would be broadcasting it on overdrive. Anyways, just my thought today...I just feel like this flooding is a big deal. It's sad.

"Rollin, Rollin, Rollin on the river..." - CCR

No comments: