Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Oddities...

...so I see the men are gearing up for Deer Hunting. Everywhere I go I see bags of apples and carrots for sale and that brings me to one question....Why the carrots? I understand the apples cause there are apple trees in the forest so the deer can get a feed, but who thought of the carrots? I've never been walking through the woods and stumbled on some yummy carrots...have you? So who decided to put them out? Doesn't really make any sense to me. Very odd.

Another odd thing is the fact people go out in the wilderness looking to kill bears. These men go out in the middle of nowhere waiting to see bears and shoot them. Why not chill out very quietly at a camp and put food on the deck? Bears seem to break into camps all the time so I'm not sure why it's necessary to go out in nowhere land to find some. Wouldn't it be much more comfortable waiting for the bear while sitting on a couch rather than a shrub?

Actually, while we're on the hunting topic I have another question. Why is it that most men can't sit at home and do nothing all day but they can sit in a tree and barely breathe all day? It's like they get ants in the pants if they're at home with nothing to do, but love the idea of sitting up in a tree, all alone, all day, for weeks on end. I'd go absolutely crazy in a tree with nothing to do from dawn till dusk. I'd need a few magazines or something...and a pillow for my bum too.

Most hunters have those new hunting cameras too so that while they're not there they can see if a deer was in the neighbourhood. Can't you tell by the bites out of the apples and carrots? Teeth marks would be an indication enough for me...but then again I'm not a hunter so maybe there's something I'm not getting.

Odd...very odd...

"I go crazy...crazy...crazy, I'm going crazy..." - Aerosmith

No comments: